Join us for our Third Webinar this Friday, September 22 at 5:00 pm ET:
“Politics of Migration and Latinx Resistance to the Homeland Security State”
During this webinar, we will discuss the political context and strategies concerning local, state and national immigrant rights movements, as well as the racist, anti-immigrant rhetoric in the United States. Join us to learn from grassroots community leaders as they share their experiences. Join us to listen, learn and stand up in active solidarity with communities that challenge the militarization of the border and our communities.
Joining us are:
○ Adelina Nicholls, Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights
○ Alfonzo Gonzales, author of Reform without Justice, Latino Politics and the Security State
○ Alfredo Carrera, Congress of Day Laborers/Congreso de Jornalerxs
○ Chloe Sigal, Congress of Day Laborers/Congreso de Jornalerxs
○ Fernando Lopez, Organizer and Human Rights Activist
SOA Watch is a nonviolent grassroots movement working to close the SOA / WHINSEC and similar centers that train state actors such as military, law enforcement and border patrol. We strive to expose, denounce, and end US militarization, oppressive US policies and other forms of state violence in the Americas. We act in solidarity with organizations and movements working for justice and peace throughout the Americas.
- An end to US economic, military and political intervention in Latin America
- Demilitarization and divestment of the borders
- An end to the racist systems of oppression that criminalize and kill migrants, refugees and communities of color
- Respect, dignity, justice and the right to self-determination of communities
- An end to Plan Mérida and the Alliance for Prosperity
If you are interested in receiving SOA Watch emails and alerts, you can sign up HERE.