We remember those who have been murdered demanding their basic right to a government elected by the people, democracy, following the November 2017 elections in Honduras, as well as the bystanders who have been murdered by the state security forces. We join in demanding justice for each one of them and an end to the murders. We demand the US stop financing the bloodbath in Honduras.
- José Abilio Soto, 46 years old, murdered by a bullet shot in his back during a protest in La Ceiba, Atlantida that was violently evicted by the Military Police on November 30, 2017.
2. Roger Alberto Vázquez Reyes, 35 years old, murdered by the Military Police when they opened fired on a protest in Choloma, Cortes on December 1, 2017.
3. Victor Evelio Martínez, 23 years old, murdered by the Military Police when they opened fired on a protest in Choloma, Cortes on December 1, 2017.
4. José David Ramos Lambert, 22 years old, died from shots fired by the Military Police when they opened fired on a protest in Choloma, Cortes on December 1, 2017
5. José Fernando Melgar, 16 years old, according to witnesses, he died after being pushed off a bridge by a soldier during a protest on a bridge in La Ceiba on December 1, 2017.
6. Kimberly Dayana Fonseca, 19 years old, shot by the Military Police in Tegucigalpa while searching for her brother on December 1, 2017.
7. Eric Javier Montoya Cruz, 27 years old, law student murdered by the Military Police during repression against protests in Comayaguela on December 3, 2017.
8. Raúl Antonio Triminio Sisnado, 35 years old, murdered by a bullet to the head from the Military Police on December 3, 2017 in Comayaguela.
9. Eduardo Rubén Rivera, 35 years old, killed December 3, 2017 in Comayaguela.
10. Mauricio Jonathan Echeverria, 23 years old, killed on December 3, 2017 in Choloma, Cortes.
11. Michael Jair Ponce Suceda, 15 years old, killed on December 3, 2017 in Choloma, Cortes.
12. Virgilio Yareth Avila González, 16 years old, murdered by the National Police while walking near a protest in Agua Blanca Sur, El Progreso on December 4, 2017.
13. Arnold Fernando Serrano Moncada, 32 years old, found dead in Olanchito, Yoro on December 4, 2017, after participating in the anti-fraud protests.
14. Raúl Humberto Brizuela Reyes, 21 years old, killed December 4, 2017 in Choloma, Cortes.
15. Seth Jonathan Araujo Andino, 30 years old, kidnapped during a protest on the evening of December 4, 2017 in Tegucigalpa; found dead the next day with his hands and feet tied and signs of torture.
16. Jesús de Maria Sánchez Euceda, 43 years old, shot on December 1, 2017 while carrying home groceries when the Police fired on a protest in San Pedro Sula.
17. Lesman Anibal Cárcamo Bonilla, 18 years old, killed on December 11, 2017 in Yoro.
18. David Octavio Quiroz, 32 years old, murdered when the Military Police opened fire on a protest in Villanueva, Cortes, on December 15, 2017.
19. Bryan Noe Mejía González, 26 years old, killed by state forces on December 15, 2017 in San Pedro Sula.
20. Delmer Josue Medina, 29 years old, shot by the Military Police during a protest in Cofradia, Cortes and lay bleeding for an hour as the Military Police prevented people from aiding him, subsequently died. December 16, 2017.
21. Jarol Uriel García, 36 years old, killed December 17, 2017 in Choluteca.
22. Cristian Fernando Hernandez Funez, 24 years old, died from a shot by bullets fired by the Military Police on protesters in San Pedro Sula.
23. Marlon Evelyn Mendoza Herrera, 24 years old, December 19, 2017, San Pedro Sula.
24. Juan Carlos Flores, 26 years old, December 19, 2017, Comayaguela
25. Katerine Nicole Bonilla, 14 years old, December 19, 2017, Choloma, Cortes.
26. Walter Daniel Lemus Ramirez, 38 years old, shot in his home on Christmas Eve in Peña Blanca while singing a protest song demanding the president resign.
27. Julio Alexander Funez Rodriguez, 22 years old, law student, election worker for LIBRE, and organizer of anti-fraud protests, murdered by a shot to the back on December 26, 2017.
28. Héctor Napoleón Guevara, 30 years old, killed on December 27, 2017 after having participated in protests against fraud in Jesus de Otoro, Intibuca.
29. Wilmer Paredes, leader in the protests against fraud in San Juan Pueblo, Atlantida, who was tortured and beaten by state security forces on December 16, 2017, persecuted by a vehicle driven by police, and then murdered January 1, 2018 in San Juan Pueblo.
30. Santos Alvarado Cordova, 53 years old, a teacher and LIBRE activist active in anti-fraud protests murdered inside his home in San Pedro Sula on January 8, 2018.
31. Telmo Villareal, 62 years old, killed by the Honduran security forces when they fired live bullets indiscriminately at a pro-democracy protest that he was passing by on his way home.
32. Ramón Fiallos, active member of the Broad Movement for Dignity and Justice (MADJ), shot with live bullets by the security forces during a protest against fraud in Arizona, Atlantida on January 22, 2018.
33. Geovanny Diaz Carcamo, active member of the Broad Movement for Dignity and Justice (MADJ), forcibly removed from his home by police at approximately 4 am on January 23, 2018 and shot repeatedly.
34. José Armando Mariona, 21 years old, active in the protests against fraud throughout San Pedro Sula, murdered in the early morning hours of January 23, 2018.
35. Ismael Hernandez, 40 years old, father of six, murdered by the Military Police when they fired live bullets at demonstrators during a pro-democracy protest. He was shot in the back and killed during a protest against electoral fraud in Cortes on February 5, 2018.
We also remember others who have been murdered whose names we do not know.
We also demand the return of Manuel de Jesus Bautista Salvador, 22 years old, who was detained by the Military Police during the curfew on December 3, 2017 and has been disappeared since. Two other people he was detained with were released after being brutally beaten but Manuel de Jesus has not been found despite his family’s efforts.
For more information: